Today, I had a revelation that unfolded through my pen. I pondered the ever-present question: "Why?" Why am I so guarded, so uncertain to allow anyone to be close enough to understand me fully? I know the answer. I've known it for some time. And I know that I'm ready to be hurt again, because I want so much to love again. I want to share myself with someone, without knowing whether or not I'll get burned a third or fourth or hundredth time and allowing myself to be broken-- not just in romantic relationships, either...just to people in general. I'm shut off to everyone, and it's exhausting, trying to be someone that anyone will like, or just ignore. It's so easy to live that way...but that's not what my life is meant for, I know it's not. I'm tired. I give up. I have to be broken before I can be open, and I have been broken...it's time to open up and stop hiding from the world. Stop being afraid.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment